Tuesday 28 February 2012

Injuries

On Sunday afternoon, I went to my kettlebell class. When doing jump lunges, I jumped incorrectly and slightly sprained my left ankle. Even though it is only a slight sprain, it still hurts and is a big pain in the butt.

If only this was my only nagging injury! Sigh...it's not.

My friend Dave says that, when you train as much as we do, you're going to have minor injuries or, at least, aches and pains. I have all of the above!

Here's my list of injuries:

1. Weak left knee: I injured it like 10 years ago when I wasn't active. Being active means that I have to be careful not to aggravate it.

2. Right elbow: I injured it a while ago (I can't remember when - seriously). I think it's due to a repetitive stress injury...office jobs! It causes me to have limited mobility in the right arm. Consequently, my right arm is significantly weaker than my left...nevermind the pain.

3. Sciatic nerve: I get shooting pain down my left leg. It f'ing hurts.

This list does not include my aches and pains. I would love to have a day when my shoulders don't hurt!

I'm not meaning to complain about injuries, aches and pains even though it sounds like I am. They are my reality. My point here is that they are a part of most active people's reality. You have to deal with them. Ignoring them will not make them go away. I have to keep all my injuries in mind when I exercise. To do anything else would just be stupid and I would risk hurting myself further.

Sure, there's stuff I can't do because of my injuries. I always find alternatives that still challenge me. Because, isn't that what's important? The challenge.

BTW...hasn't lost any weight in 3 months...F?&*%&?))&?$#@#$$#!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment