Monday 2 January 2012

My First Blog Entry

In the beginning, there was me, Sarah, a 28 year old wife to Matt and mom to 2 year old Sam. The kicker was that I was over 300 lbs...309 to be exact. I was fat, obese, huge, or whatever awful word goes with being overweight.

Sidebar: Is there an uglier word out there than 'obese'? And I don't mean the meaning of the word. I mean the sound of it. It just sounds greasy. I hate it.

It was January 2010 and I was done. I was done being this lazy person who didn't do anything. I was joining the gym! And the seas parted and I lost weight super fast like on those weight loss commercials, right...?

Ah non.

It's just not that easy. In fact, two years into my weight loss journey, I can say without a doubt that it's way harder than I ever thought it would be.

I never thought that I would write a blog about my journey. This subject is intensely personal and telling people my weight isn't something I like to do. The reason I decided to start writing is due to the suggestion of my friend Diane.

Ah Diane...supportive to a fault! My Scrapbooking Divas (Yes, I scrapbook. Mostly with 3 women, Diane, Natalie and Nathalie. We call ourselves the Scrapbooking Divas...that's a whole other blog entry) and I we were talking blogs. Natalie and Nathalie each had one to document their scrapbooking adventures. This is when Diane suggested I should write one about my weight loss.

I initially brushed off the suggestion. I didn't have time for a blog! I barely have time for TV (still one of my favourite things to do - watch TV) let alone a blog. Then Christmas 2011 happened...

I had every intention of being good. I wasn't going to eat too much...Yeah, that didn't happen. Now that the new year has started, I'm having trouble getting motivated again and getting back into routine. I'm hoping that writing this blog will help to get and stay motivated.

We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Sarah! I'm sure that you will get back on track! I know I have to get ON track... I will follow in your footsteps. I have about the same amount of weight to loose (weigh only a little less but have to weigh less too...) You are giving me hope that I can also follow in your footsteps one day. I'm starting very slowly, but following your blog (as I did your Facebook statuses) will help me stay on track and motivated also. So happy New Year to you and I'm sure you will reach your goal! 2012 will be a great year!

    ReplyDelete