Tuesday 31 January 2012

Plateau to losing 4.5lbs in a week

After plateauing for a whole month, I lost 4.5lbs last week. I just don't get my body.

I wish my body and I could have a heart-to-heart. I think it would go something like this:

Me: "Body, you need to listen to me. I work my ass off. I eat well. Cut me some slack already and shrink, okay?!"

Body: "HAHAHAHA! You're so funny Sarah!"

Me: "I asked nicely! C'mon!"

Body: "I'll think about it..."

A short time later...

Body: "Well, I've thought about it and I've decided that, after a period of reflection (4 weeks), I'm going to give you what you want. BUT, don't get used it. I reserve the right to not act rationally even when you do everything right. Being unpredictable is my strong suit."

Me: (under my breath) "Yes it is..."

My kettlebell instructor Dave keeps telling me that the word plateau is not true in my case. I keep working out and eating right, which means that I'm getting leaner, faster and stronger. He's right and I have to keep that in mind when my body decides to act up...

...the next time! Cause it wil.

No comments:

Post a Comment